Monday, January 1, 2018

happy new year!

We visited KC and MS this afternoon and exchanged gifts. It was good to see them.

We went and visted Muff for a little while after that, and I asked her questions about when she grew up. I like hearing about the practical details of life back then, and I used to ask Gmaw questions like that too. Muff said that when she was young, they lived in a row house in DC, and there was a furnace in the basement that she was in charge of taking care of from the time she was in middle school. She said she had to put newspapers in first, and then small pieces of wood, and then once those were burning, she put in the coal. She did not like that job.

And she said they walked to school about 15 blocks in the frigid cold and never thought anything of it. I don't envy her.

We came home around 10 and Lil Sis was here (she's spending the night), and we all sat and watched the ball drop and had champagne.

welcome to the world, 2018!

No comments: